If you’re thinking about moving to another industry, then LinkedIn has some useful career change advice and information for you.
Here’s what they did:
- They identified LinkedIn members who got a job in a new company in 2014.
- This list was then narrowed down to people who moved to a company in a different industry.
- They calculated the number of industry / career changers as a percentage of total people working in the industry.
Based on that, these are industries that hire the most number of people who are making an industry / career change.
Some additional insights on this information on industry / career change:
- Other than technical/engineering professionals, the Internet industry hired Retail brand specialists and business development/strategy talent from Management Consulting.
- The E-learning industry hired people making an industry / career change from Education and IT industries, to use their expertise in content development and partnership management.
- Venture capital brought in people from almost all industries. It wasn’t just limited to ex bankers and consultants.
- Online media grabbed talent from traditional media industries, for writing, editing and creative positions.