When looking for jobs in Singapore most people make several mistakes, which leads to a slow and ineffective job search. People tend to:
- Focus their job search effort on newspaper classifieds, job boards and recruiters, even though they have high competition and a low success rate.
- Use classifieds, job boards and recruiters in a very unproductive way, which makes them waste a lot of time and effort.
- Have insufficient information about the job market and practices in Singapore.
As a result, they end up spending time on activities which do not produce results and only see a trickle of good job leads/opportunities come their way.
We can help you avoid these mistakes, get more job leads and find the right jobs you want easily. Our techniques for finding jobs in Singapore will enable you to:
- Quickly identify virtually all relevant job advertisements in Singapore with just 2 clicks.
- Learn about the time when you should submit your application that doubles your chances of being called for an interview.
- Make your resume/profile appear towards the top, when recruiter and employers search for candidates on job sites.
- Learn which recruiters to contact and which to avoid for jobs in Singapore.
- Properly interact, approach and follow-up with recruiters, to increase the chances of them responding to your communications.
- Know how much other people are earning in the jobs you want.
- Bypass recruiters/job sites and directly access hiring managers in your companies of interest, using networking, social media and other such methods.
Comprehensive Training to Find Jobs in Singapore (SGD 350)
- Step 1: We discuss your background and job search goals in detail.
- Step 2: We take you through a tailored and comprehensive one-to-one training session (45-60 minutes) to learn the best techniques for finding job in Singapore. The session is interactive and detailed.
- Step 3: Depending on your background and job search targets/goals, we suggest a daily/weekly schedule of activities you should spend your time on.
- Step 4: You receive our job search book, along with templates to organise, track and measure the success of your activities for finding jobs.
- Step 5: After the training, you will have 2 sessions (~30 minutes each) with your job search specialist over the next 2 weeks, to discuss progress, roadblocks, changes needed and to make sure you’re on the right track.
Quick Q&A Session (SGD 150)
This session lasts up to 30 minutes and is designed to answer questions and/or provide clarification, on various aspects of finding jobs in Singapore.
Typically clients cover topics and questions such as:
- Recommended recruiters in Singapore and how to interact with them.
- Which job sites are the best to use.
- Feedback on whether resume, cover letter or LinkedIn profiles meet Singapore requirements.
- How to get more job interviews in Singapore.
- State of the Singapore job market.
- How to get a job in Singapore.
- Various issues around visas and work permits (especially employment and dependent passes)
Where relevant, we’ll also provide some tips/suggestions to increase the success of your job search and you’ll receive our job search book, along with templates to organise, track and measure the success of your activities for finding jobs.
Contact us now to learn more about our Singapore job search services. All our transition and job search services, can be delivered in-person or remotely, and are used by people residing in Singapore as well as foreigners looking to get a job here.