Employers are using social networks to research job candidates and find out:
- Whether a candidate presents himself/herself professionally.
- Whether there is a fit between the candidate and the company culture.
- More about a candidates qualifications.
- Whether a candidate is well rounded.
- If there are any reasons why they should not hire a job candidate.
Employers said they did not hire candidates because of the following discoveries:
- Posting inappropriate photos or information.
- Drinking alcohol or using drugs.
- Display of poor communication skills.
- Bad mouthing previous employers.
- Discriminatory comments .
Hiring managers made a job offer to a candidate thanks to:
- Getting a good feel for the candidates personality.
- Candidate conveying a professional image.
- Finding consistent background/qualification information.
- The candidate appearing well-rounded, with diverse interests.
- Evidence of good communication skills.