Singapore is an attractive destination for foreigners to work in and if you are one of the people looking for jobs in Singapore for foreigners, then the following questions will probably cross your mind:
– How easy is it for foreigners, living outside of Singapore, to get a job here?
– How does one go about looking for jobs in Singapore for foreigners?
The short answer is – It is not as easy as it seems for foreigners to get jobs in Singapore and you will need to put in a lot of effort to get a job. Singapore does have/demand a lot of foreign talent but this is for specific skills/industries/levels and there is a good amount of competition from foreigners/locals already living in Singapore.
If you search online job boards/sites for Singapore, you will notice most job postings state that only Singaporeans or Permanent Residents should apply. There will be fewer listing for jobs in Singapore for foreigners, on the job sites. The reason for this simple – It is easier and more cost effective for companies to hire people who are already in Singapore, especially when these people have the talent/skills they need.
Here are a few suggestions, while looking for jobs in Singapore
Latest posts by Amit Puri - Managing Consultant, Sandbox Advisors (see all)
- Positive signals for the Singapore job market - December 20, 2014
- Career tests: Recommendations for personality tests to help with career choice - October 30, 2014
- How timing, breakfast, sleep and exercise affect your decision making - October 13, 2014