Instead of using individual job boards, it’s better to use a job aggregator to look for jobs in Singapore.
- These are the popular job sites in Singapore: JobsDB, JobsCentral, JobStreet, Monster, EFinancialCareers, ST701, JobsCyclone, StreetDirectory.
- Most people will use 2-3 of these boards to search for job openings.
- However, it is a waste of time to search each job board separately.
- Furthermore, you might miss out on openings advertised on other job sites in Singapore and also jobs which are posted on company/employer websites.
So it is much better to use a job aggregator, through which you can search for jobs in Singapore, on ALL job sites AND tons of company websites in one place.
- There are three aggregators for jobs in Singapore – Recruit.Net, Careerjet and Indeed.
- I recommend using Indeed since it has the best search algorithms and widest coverage.
Here are a few tips for using Indeed well:
- Use the advanced search form for conducting targeted and granular searches. Think of the ideal search parameters for yourself and try a few different searches initially, till you find a few which give the best results. This will save you a lot of time browsing through less relevant job advertisements on an ongoing basis.
- Set up email alerts for searches which you like.
- Apply only for jobs in Singapore where you meet AT LEAST 80% of the responsibilities & requirements.
- For many advertised jobs an email address is provided. It is better to apply via email for these, since it saves time, provides more flexibility in how you present your application and makes follow-up easier.