With Singapore job sites / boards, it’s a numbers game and is easy to get lost in the crowd.
- People are often surprised when they submit 10-15 job applications and receive no response.
- When this happens they panic and think that something is wrong with them or their application. They also write off Singapore job sites / boards and spend even less time on them. This can be a mistake.
- With job boards it is very easy to get lost in the crowd, given the large number of job advertisements and even greater number of job applicants. A recruiter might not come across your resume and you might not get an interview call, even if you are a good applicant/candidate.
- Sometimes dummy job advertisements are also posted and used as a way to gather resumes for future positions/openings that are not available now.
So there is a good amount of luck involved and you do need to complete enough applications to increase the chances of getting an interview call and tip the scales in your favour.
- As a rule of thumb, for every 40-50 applications that you submit on Singapore job sites/boards, expect to hear back from 3-5.