Our courses for Leadership Development & Leadership Training in Singapore, are aimed at managers, team leaders, supervisors and anyone who leads a group of people.
These leadership training courses are also particularly useful for those who wish to prepare themselves for positions of leadership. The course modules develop the competencies required to motivate and successfully lead teams of productive people in either the private, public or not-for-profit / voluntary sectors.
The leadership development course modules described below can be taken as standalone modules to meet a particular need, or combined with a number of other modules (including with those from our management development courses) to form a longer program of one, two or three days.
Basic Leadership Skills
The objectives of this course for Team Leaders and Front Line Managers are to:
- Encourage participants to consider planning and preparation as part of leadership.
- Facilitate discussion around playing to the team’s strength.
- Consider factors that motivate staff to perform well.
- Encourage staff to self assess, review and reflect on performance.
- Encourage leaders to consider their communication skills.
- Encourage leaders to consider the question of keeping people motivated.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a practical task.
Introduction to Leadership Styles
This leadership training module helps Team Leaders, Managers and those aspiring to management roles to explore different styles of leadership and their practical application.
Creating a Shared Vision
This leadership training module allows a group or team to share ideas about what is important to them and to agree some communal aim, values and aspirations. As a result of this exercise the whole team will participate in the creation of a shared vision for the team, and agree what success looks like for everyone.
Achieving a Shared Vision
This module allows the group to share their ideas on how they intend to work together and identify specific actions to achieve a shared vision, and to help individuals see how they will contribute to the achievement of a shared vision.
This leadership training course assists staff at all levels explore what motivates us and to identify ways of maintaining motivation.
Building Rapport with Subordinates
The objectives of this course are to encourage supervisors, team leaders and managers to think about rapport and its purpose, particularly when managing others; and to consider the importance of respect when establishing rapport.
The objectives of this leadership training course are to:
- Define aims, goals and objectives.
- Identify the purpose of goal setting.
- Introduce a six-step model for goal setting.
- Enable participants to practise goal setting.
- Identify and discuss some tools and techniques that support setting and achieving goals, including how to make SMART Goals SMARTER.
Selling Change to Staff
This course assists managers, team leaders and project leaders to consider what needs to be communicated when change is initiated and what methods can be used to achieve buy-in to change programmes. It also explores the need to convince those affected by change of the need for change and its urgency.
This leadership training workshop encourages team leaders, managers and staff at all levels to consider the importance of credibility when seeking to influence others and to consider how much credibility they have with those they are seeking to influence. It also explores the link between perceived expertise, relationships and credibility.