Effective communication is what enables people to collaborate with others and to work successfully with members of their team. It is how relationships are built and empathy shown.
Good communication skills are essential for managers and leaders, and those who have them are in high demand.
It is only through effective communication that leaders and managers can keep their team properly informed, provide them with clear direction, motivate them, and build trust.
The MBTI personality inventory [view sample] can be used to assist leaders and managers to better understand themselves and their teams in terms of their different personalities and communication styles.
Only then can each learn to tune into the communication style of others and adjust their own approach to achieve effective communication.
This workshop provides participants with the skills they need to effectively influence and communicate in the work environment.
Upon completion of the communication skills workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the general principles of effective communication (the 7 C’s) and identify current problems in communicating.
- Utilise the 7 C’s to write more effectively and create clarity in messages, especially in relation to e-mails; and develop some standards or protocols for using e-mail in the work environment.
- Understand the principles of effective feedback and to provide constructive feedback using a behavioural-impact model.
- Understand why effective listening is important and be able to listen actively.
- Know the elements of effective persuasion and use various models to develop a persuasive case.
- Know the importance of influence to get things done in organisations; understand their own power bases; and build or maximise their influencing skills.
- Understand the causes of conflict in the workplace and the various approaches to handling it – participants practice using a conflict resolution model.
- Deal with difficult people.
- Communicate difficult messages.