Millennials are an ever increasing part of the workforce. Therefore it is important to understand what they value, in order to attract and hire them.
LinkedIn asked over 13,000 Millennials a few questions, including:
- What draws them towards a job.
- What hinders their desire to apply for a job.
- What makes them accept a job offer.
Here are highlights of the results, some of which are expected, and some which are new.
- 93% of Millennials are keen to learn about job opportunities that are available in the market.
- When they hear of a job, they are more likely than other generations to find out additional information about your company through social media.
- The first thing they seek to find about your company, is the culture and values. They also care more about the benefits and perks, as compared to older generations.
- Contrary to popular belief, Millennials responding to the survey were less purpose-driven than other generations.
- The main reasons they accept a job, are compensation/benefits, more opportunities and more challenges.
- They top reasons they do not accept a job, are not know enough about the company and not understanding the role well enough.