In case our report on the best brands in Singapore wasn’t enough for you, how about a ranking of the highest performing blue-chip companies in Asia?
Perhaps one of these titans could be the place where you work next?
The ranking is complied by Forbes, who aim to arrive at a list of corporate stars in the region, through the following process:
- The starting point is a total of 1,524 public firms, who have yearly revenue of at least $1.7 billion.
- These firms are then narrowed down to those who are profitable and whose revenue is greater than it was five years back.
- Companies with more than 50% government ownership are then taken out of the list.
- Those with debt ratio of greater than 50%, or those who have a listed parent company as the majority owner, are also out of the running.
- And finally, the remaining few are evaluated based on a slew of financial indicators/measures.
And that gives us the best companies in Asia Pacific!
22 firms from China met the criteria, the most out of all countries in the region. Alibaba was one of the 22 and made it to the list for the first time in 12 years.
Here are the top 10 firms in Asia Pacific
For the entire list of 50 firms who made the cut in 2016, along with other details and analysis, head over to the Forbes website.