LinkedIn took a look at a huge amount of data and activity of its members, to see which companies are the most sought after in the world.
These companies offer employees two main things: Opportunity and Excitement. The top ranked companies enhance careers and have an energized/strong culture.
However, they may not be the best places to work at on a day-to-day basis, as evidenced by Amazon at 5th place, even though it is known to be a relentless and all-consuming place to work at.
Before we dive into the rankings, here are a few observations:
- The top companies in the ranking are made up of an unusually large number of tech firms.
- Founders are leading many of the top firms.
- Consumer facing and popular brands are sought after.
- There is no correlation between a firm’s size and its appeal to candidates.
- Many of the top companies provide very generous benefits to their employees.
You can take a look at the entire ranking of 40 companies, along with some commentary, here.