A new website has been launched in Singapore, to help employers understand and implement better work-life strategies. The site also aims to make employees more aware of guidelines, issues, possibilities and assistance for work-life balance.
Some of the features, material and resources available include:
- Information on work-life strategies and initiatives.
- Guides to work-life implementation.
- Employment rules and regulations.
- Research and publications on the subject.
- Case studies.
- Information on services providers, events, training and funding to help with work-life matters.
At the launch event, Minister of State for Manpower Teo Ser Luck stated:
In up times or down times, companies have to take care of their staff. If you take care of your staff, they will take care of your customers. Work-life friendly workplaces remain relevant in uncertain times like these and having a ‘culture of trust’ is crucial to keeping a company intact. Flexible work arrangements are a good way for employers to show employees they care, especially in bad times when a company is not doing well and workers themselves feel threatened.